Archive for April 21st, 2004

I told ya I’d do it! And you didn’t believe me!

Apr 21, 2004 in Music

Here it is, the first of the mp3 posts. I’ll be doing this on a semi-regular basis (whenever I get some good new music). I hope y’all find something new to listen to.

Today’s offering includes stuff from the fantastic new Modest Mouse album and the upcoming Blonde Redhead album.

Modest Mouse - Blame It On The Tetons
Blonde Redhead - Maddening Cloud

For those of you who are fans of Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim (Aqua Teen, Sealab, etc.), go check out the website of mc chris! (Shall we christen it nerd-hop right now?)

And as a special bonus to my outsider music-loving readers, I offer my (current) favorite Wesley Willis song, “Cut the Mullet”. First-time customers get 50% off their haircut (shampooing, delousing not included).

You can learn a lot looking through your server logs

Apr 21, 2004 in Personal

Sometimes, I like to browse through my server logs to see who visits. In the sometimes disconnected world that is the internet, I’m not always sure who reads my stuff (in fact, I’m only sure about 1% of the time). The other 99% of the time, I only have a resolved IP address as evidence that someone dropped by to read my creative output. (And yes, I know when you visit, how many times you visit, and often I can narrow it down to a specific geographic location. Hahahawr!)

The logs over at the penguin site are quite revealing. It seems that Yeti Sports part 1 and it’s various hacks are quite popular amongst military personnel, college students and school children. Also, you people at Prudential, Travelers, Honeywell, Delta Airlines and the Government Printing Office need to get back to work! Along with the rest of you who send me your high scores from your work e-mails!

Witty aside: I’m watching Terence Trent D’Arby videos on VH1 Classic right now. Anyone remember him? He was like, Prince Lite. Or Lenny Kravitz, minus the half-Jewishness and Jimi Hendrix aspirations. I don’t think there’s any point to this paragraph.

I’m getting rid of the Take a look, it’s that clever little Flash app in the top-right hand corner that you all so conveniently ignore :-) Seeing as I have plenty of space and bandwidth (especially since my webhost doubled everyones plans), I’m just gonna start posting mp3’s. That, and I’d like to make this more of a music blog. At least one visitor seems to be quite chuffed that I introduced them to the Shaggs. Even if you don’t appreciate the Shaggs, you should at least be aware of their existence. And with that awareness, you should listen repeatedly to Philosophy of the World until it makes sense to you.

Another witty aside: I like the new Outkast video. But what’s up with Andre 3000’s fifties’ obsession? A prediction: Outkast will split, and Andre’s next project will be a doo wop album. It will either be hailed as a great work of visionary pop nostalgia, or it will bomb horribly.